Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cricket Time After Work



Bowling without lanes? No foul balls? Last ball? An over? 6 points scored without a touchdown? What is this game?
I had to just go out and see what the guys were up to after work. I kept hearing them talk about a bowler and spinning the ball. That should be interesting. I never knew we could build our own bowling alley. I was eager to take my shot at this! It should be a lot of fun.
Regesh bowling


Wait just a minute! That guy does not have a bowling ball. He has a baseball right? Or is that a tennis ball? I knew for sure it was not a bowling ball yet everyone said he was bowling. I really had a hard time figuring out what he was doing. He would take a long running start up to a certain point and then sling this ball up towards what looked like a batter.


The batter although standing ready did not have a regular bat. I guess they need more "wood" to connect to the ball than what we do in baseball. They also had an awful swing at the ball if you asked me. Instead of holding the bat high up on their shoulder as I had been taught, they would let it hang down and swing it with an upper cut. This was turning out to be a totally different game than I thought it would be. 

They even have these things called wickets and overs. I am still yet to learn what these are all about. I did hear them hollering "Six! Six!" but not once did I see anyone crossing a goal line. Just one guy was running and running after a ball that made it past his outstretched arms. I thought how amazing it would be if football were like this and you did not actually have to hold on to the ball as you crossed over the goal line. Maybe even Auburn could score some touchdowns that way!
By the way, I am so ready for the start of college football next weekend. I did enjoy my day, but it is so much better to finally watch some good championship football starting next week. Roll Tide Roll and may you all have a good day!


Dinesh in swing form 
Sharun ready for release
Charles setting the spin
Subash in training


Come and watch as they play this game called cricket! Is not that something you would fish with???

Cricket at Work

No comments:

Post a Comment