Saturday, August 26, 2017

Gabi for lunch? Becoming Filipino! Philippine Province Living June Trip...

Becoming Filipino? Today we prepare gabi or taro root for
lunch. I learned how to peel and cut the gabi leaves so they could be cooked
down into a ginataang. I have had plenty of experience as a young boy growing
up in Alabama shelling peas, but this was a little different experience. After experiencing
the mess this makes of your hands, I would a lot rather shell a bushel of peas
instead!



While eating this meal, I was expecting a more slimy texture
like that of okra, but it actually was not that bad. The taste with the coconut
milk was actually pretty good. This is a common dish of the Filipinos in our
area. I guess you could say I am really becoming Filipino now! 

If you like these videos and would like to help with funding
to make these, please visit our Patreon page to help out.



No comments:

Post a Comment