Monday, January 22, 2018

NAIA Terminal 3 and Beyond – This is Our Philippines

I had a little bit of time on my hands between my
international flight from Dubai to my domestic flight into Cauayan this time
around. I took the time to do a little exploring while at NAIA terminal 3 in
Manila. This is one of the newer terminals and in my opinion, it is one of the
best Manila has to offer. NAIA terminal 3 is the main hub for the domestic flights for Cebu Pacific and also is a hub for a few of the major International carriers. I had flown in on Emirates this morning.

I first went to locate the Manila Runway as it is called. It
is a foot bridge that connects the airport with the Resorts World complex
across the road. Before this bridge was constructed, it could take forever
waiting on a taxi at the airport to just get you across this busy road. Now
within a matter of minutes you can get from Resorts World to the airport. This
includes a security check of your bags. No long lines to wait in outside the
airport. It is now really convenient.

I then go down stairs to find the ticket counter. To my
surprise, the boarding passes are now automated outside of the check-in counter
area. You simply walk to a machine, put in your reference number and print your
boarding pass. If you have no check-in luggage you are on your way! Even when I
thought I might have to check in a bag, they simply let me through.



The only disappointment on this morning was the flight to
Cauayan itself. I guess it is always to be safe than sorry when flying though.
For some reason, after we had taxied out to the taxi way, the pilots brought us
back in and we had to change planes. Even with the delay, I finally did make it
home to see everyone that morning. Just a little later than planned.  #ThisisOurPhilippines











No comments:

Post a Comment