Thursday, January 25, 2018

SPECIAL – A Tribute To My Father On His Birthday! This is Our Philippines







My dad has
been one of the most supportive and influential people in my life, and I can’t
imagine what I would ever do without him. On this very day back in 1934, he was
born. That is 84 long and prosperous years he has been with us. He had 5 kids,
14 grand kids and 7 great grandkids of his own and he has attained many others
through various marriages. As his birthday is today, I wanted to dedicate this
video to him ti show how great an individual he has been over the years!
One of
the things I am most thankful for about my dad is that he's showed me how to
work hard. He held numerous jobs as he raised us all. From farmer to mill
worker on to the Milk route and meat route. I remember mostly the days on the
milk route he ran in our small town of Opp, AL. He would rise early to get to
his job and work hard all day. Many nights on the way home from work, if he
would pass by the Piggly Wiggly or IGA in town he would stop by even then to
pull up his milk displays.
He was
always there for us. Leading and guiding us in the way we should go as
children. He was always there to provide discipline when we needed it or a word
of encouragement. He was always fair and balanced with us no matter the
situation.
My dad is
one of those people that will drop everything just to be there for the people
he cares about. He has been a pastor for most of his life and it would
take this caring attitude to be a servant to those he ministered to. Often he
could be called in the middle of the night to go be with someone in need. Never
once did he hesitate to answer this call.


Dad,
thank you for all that you've done. You are one of my biggest sources of
inspiration and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. I appreciate all you do
for your loved ones, and you are truly an amazing person. I hope you have an
amazing birthday. This one's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment