Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Morning Struggles – Opening Maly’s Country Market – This is Our Philippines





It is always an early morning when your running a sari sari
store in the Philippines. Every day you must come in and prepare what you are
going to serve that day if you have food products. Even if you do not serve
food, you have to be up early to catch anyone who might need shampoo, soap,
coffee or a snack before going to work or school.

Some mornings you just wish you could go back to bed. A
simple job of placing a lid on a pot can become a struggle! It sure was this
morning. Maly, who I thought should know how this worked, struggled at first.
She quickly gave up her struggles to me! I twisted, flipped and I spun the lid
I every direction possible trying to get it to go on. I was having about the
same luck as Maly. Just as I was about to give in, it caught my eye that the
handle should face the other direction. Thankfully this worked and the lid then
locked in place.

We went ahead and finished our regular routine of opening
the doors, gates and rolling of the tarps. I even had a little helper come out
to assist. This was a surprise being it was early in the morning and he usually
sleeps in on the days he is off from school.

After getting everything opened and ready for business, Maly
and I take our break form the hectic morning. We enjoy a cup of coffee and some
pandasal as we wait for customers to come fill our store!

If you like these videos and would like to help with funding
to make these dreams come true, please visit our Patreon page to help out.


No comments:

Post a Comment