Thursday, May 30, 2019

This is our Philippines – 12 Hour Bus Ride – Victory Liner







Victory Liner is one of the
largest bus transportation providers in the 
Philippines, servicing all key destinations in Northern
and Central Luzon. It is one I have taken several times between Cauayan and
Manila and vice versa. It is not the fastest mode of transportation, but it
gets you where you need to go if in a pinch.
After getting from the
airport via jeepney and train, the bus was the last part of my adventure
getting to the house this last time. I arrived at the bus terminal around 1245
that afternoon. There was one deluxe bus leaving at 1PM. I was hoping to catch
that bus if possible. I was not sure if I would make it as the people in front
of me were taking their time making their purchases. It seemed like they would
never get finished. As I finally approached the counter, the last calls were
being made for the departure of the bus.
I managed to get the last
seat that was sold. All tickets are given a seat number and that is your
assigned seat for the trip. It is supposed to be that every passenger has a
ticket and a seat. Sometimes there are people getting on at other places and it
becomes standing room only as well. I was sure glad I would not have to be
standing the whole 12 hours up to Cauayan.
The trip is supposed to take
around 10 to 12 hours from Manila. They make 3 stops with the deluxe bus along
the way for bathroom breaks and for getting snacks. The stops are in Tarlac,
Santa Fe and Santiago. At these stops you will find vendors selling food and
other snacks you can purchase to eat there or bring back on the bus with you.  
Other times you might have a
vendor jump on the bus at one point and sell his goods as the bus goes up the
highway. The vendors could be selling fruits, roasted peanuts, fried pork rinds
or any other variety of snacks. Sometimes they can be quite entertaining as
they try to sell their items.
I only got video up to Santa
Fe. As darkness fell, the rest of the ride was dark and wet. We finally arrived
in Cauayan around 1230AM. It was a very late night for Mama and the kids, but
they were there in Cauayan to meet me on the arrival.
#ThisIsOurPhilippines
#VictoryLiner #ManilatoCauayanbybus #PhilippineBusses #EXPATTravel



No comments:

Post a Comment