Sunday, May 19, 2019

This is our Philippines – Monday Thoughts – Budgets







It is Monday May 20, 2019! I hope everyone had a great
weekend! I hope you spent your time with family and friends wisely and made a
lot of good memories.
Electric in the Philippines really became an issue last
month. After hearing some others complain about the cost, I knew it was not our
house only that had this increase. I am talking a significant increase from the
month prior. I am talking about almost a 100USD increase in our bill. I was
totally shocked when Maly told me the cost. Sure, we use a lot of electrical
items both in the house and store, but that is a big increase. Hopefully we
will see a little decline this month. Word in the news is that the cost per KW
hour will go down a little. Still electric is expensive in the Philippines.
We also discuss why there are no monthly cost of living
videos on our channel. I feel it would just not be fair as I can only give a
partial view of our budget. When I am home, usually we do some extra spending
on things that will last over the 3 months while I am gone. If I were to post a
grocery bill from one of those trips, you would be very surprised at the least.
Usually these trips consist of 4-5 trolleys full of meats (the most expensive),
cleaning supplies and other items that have good shelf life. The cashiers all
try to look the other way, but this is not Walmart we shop at and we get
checked out pretty easily.
#ThisIsOurPhilippines
#PhilippineBudgets #ElectricityinthePhilippines #EXPATBudget

No comments:

Post a Comment