Thursday, May 23, 2019

This is our Philippines – The Manila Jeepney Ride

Back in Manila! A long way from where I wanted to be at this
time. As the weather did not let us land, we returned to Manila to try and find
other means of transportation to get us to our final destination. All flight to
Tuguegarao and Cauayan were cancelled due to the weather. The next available
flight would not be until 4-5 days out. I just could not wait that long to get
home.
The journey home has now gone from one hour by plane, to
catching a bus that will take about 12 hours to reach the house. Although I am
not a frequent traveler to Manila and definitely not a jeepney rider, this was
a new adventure for me. I was not wanting to get a taxi because of the cost.
They are very expensive from the airport to the bus terminal in Sampoloc. I had
to trust my instincts and find the jeepney to get me to the MRT/LRT.
I started out by crossing over the Runway Manila Walkway
Bridge. This connects NAIA terminal 3 to the area where Resorts World is
located. It is often better to take this route to get a taxi even. I knew the
jeepneys on that side of the road made the trip to the MRT/LRT stations on
EDSA.
I was lucky enough to find a jeepney pretty quick. It had
just pulled up and I was one of the first passengers. I even got lucky enough
to sit in the front along with the driver and another rider. We made our way
through the Manila traffic by way of Baclaran along Roxas Boulevard. It did not
take to long though and before I knew it, we were at the MRT/LRT station.
I was a little cautious pulling my camera out to video. I am
not a professional at this video making yet and I would get a little nervous
while in a crowed area. Manila is always crowded so I got what video I could
along the way. Hope you will enjoy the ride. 
#ThisIsOurPhilippines
#Jeepney #ManilaTraffic #EXPATTravel

No comments:

Post a Comment